Dominic Thiem admits: Separation of Physio? My mistake was that I did not call him

The suffering period of Tennis Ass Dominic Thiem seems to be a close. Two weeks ago, the 28-year-old was allowed to remove the rail on the wrist, last Monday was already the first practice beats with a softball on the program. As part of a round tables on the Mondsee, Thiem now turned to the questions of the journalists.

A few weeks ago, exactly that wrist was trigger for the separation of Physio Alex Stober and Dominic Thiem. It came to the medial mud battle.

A few mistakes happened. My mistake was that I did not call him. I could have done that, but I m not the guy who calls him on the first day and then long talk about it. The chance I then no longer get, because he has already had the wately over the media, said Thiem.

Thiem: Had then smelled

He (Stober, Note) has made me a potite in recent years. Everyone makes mistakes, but the way he did not confuse the mistake and blame for me and the other team pushed that were then the Reasons for the separation. The Spanish doctor has already told me about Mallorca at that time, that I can make the US Open free. Alex looked different and then I was smelled and too often gave the rail. After one and a half weeks training is the Same injury then occurred again, honored the Austrian tennis figurehead.

Articles and videos about the topic Top sport live on Dazn. Register now! Can be terminated at any time monthly.

After the separation of Stober, Thiem was able to treat Frederik s About the Belgian doctor. His therapy was a bit more conservative and on the safe side. And after the first, I really wanted to be safe on number. With a surgery, I would probably have come back in April. What gives me hope is that every athlete, the Had, too, has come back. Everyone came back well again. Kei Nishikori and Belinda Bencic had the same injury. Bencic had even worse and had to be operated and now she is even Olympia winner, said Thiem.

Comments